Saturday, November 7, 2009

How can I secure google talk's text conversations ?

Are the text conversations in Google Talk encrypted or secured? If not, what third parties software can I use to encrypt or secure Google talk or other messenger conversations?
How can I secure google talk's text conversations ?
Your text conversations are not secured. Most of your web communication probably isn't. The webpages you see, most IM services, chatting, and anything that goes over the line is unsecured. Unless a service explicitly uses SSL or something along those lines, it is not secured.





If you want encryption, probably the best way is to look into PGP. You'll manually have to encrypt your chat text using PGP and send it through Google Talk.
Reply:I'm pretty sure Google saves all the conversations to a database. To find out for sure you would have to read the long privacy policy. I wouldn't trust anything to be totaly secure and encrypted. I am also pretty sure there is no program you can buy or download to encrypt the conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

google talk Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting