Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does google talk work overseas?

I'm leaving for military deployment here in a few weeks. I have downloaded google talk on both my wifes and I laptops in hopes of being able to talk to one another (for free) while I'm gone. Has anyone had expereince with having an overseas convo on gtalk? If so how was the sound quality and did there seem to be any delay?
Does google talk work overseas?
yes overseas talk can be possible but video chatting can't supported by google
Reply:Yes, any instant messenger (well, most of all of them) will work anywhere in the world. Calling, theoretically, should be possible as well, however there will be ~1-2s delay, but then again, it's free. If it fails, I would use Yahoo Messenger or MSN messenger for voice/video conferencing as they DO work. Another alternative is to use Skype to call landlines and mobile phones, for a low rate. If I were you, to talk PC to PC, your best bet is MSN Messenger/Windows LIVE messenger and/or Yahoo! Messenger - They are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

google talk Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting