Saturday, October 24, 2009

How do I prevent Google Talk from stealing Focus from other applications?

This is very irritating. Whenever I am using any other application like Firefox, Word etc., and there is a new message from someone on Google Talk, the message window pops right in front of me. This is a very bad behavior and I need some way of controlling it.





Can anyone provide me with any solution so that Google Talk does not steal focus away from my current application?





I have already tried Tweak UI but that didn't help it.
How do I prevent Google Talk from stealing Focus from other applications?
1. Open Google Talk (GTalk).


2. Click "Settings" in the top right hand corner of the box.


3. Click "Notifications" in the left hand tabs bar (note, they don't actually look like tabs.)


4. At the "Notifications" tab, find the heading labeled "Incoming Chat".


5. Uncheck the "Show notification" option box.


6. If you want to go further and not have a sound notification (usually a blip sound), uncheck the "Play sound" option box.





Warning


Unchecking both boxes can severely inhibit your ability to recognize that a message has arrived. If it is an emergency, you may miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

google talk Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting